September 18, 2008

My Wonderful Mom

I can't believe that I haven't blogged in so long, but it as been a little crazy lately. About 2 weeks ago, my mom went into the hospital and had one of her kidneys removed. It had a tumor on it and they had to take the whole thing. The surgery went well and she was able to come home after about a week. Then a couple of days later she was back in the hospital for pneumonia. I am happy to say that she is home now and she looked great yesterday when I saw her.

I love my mom so much and I am so grateful that the cancer didn't spread to anything else. She is one of my best friends and I couldn't live without her.

I love you mom!

5 comments:

Lori said...

We love your mom too! I'm so glad she is okay and doing well. She is a trooper and always seems to put on a good face even when she is miserable and in so much pain. She's my hero! I like the new look of your blog, cute background! Oh, by the way, JCPenney is where we had the kids pics done. Knock yourself out!

JD said...

So glad to hear your mom is doing better. It's a scary thing to have to deal with but it sounds like everything is working out in the best possible way.

Lacy King said...

I am so glad Aunt Gayle is OK! That call just broke my heart when my mom called me and told me (this was before we really knew anything, just that something was wrong). What an amazing woman she is. I truly feel so blessed to have her as my Aunt and as a powerful inspiration in my life.

Anonymous said...

Hey Wendy T! It's Wendy F, and I just found your blog by way of Verlee's blog by way of Kurt and Maryhelen's blog. Hopefully I'm not being rude by barging into your world and leave a random comment. I just wanted to say hello and that I'm glad to hear that life is going just swimmingly. Congratulations on your new baby, she is so pretty! Your little Megan is so cute, and she sounds like so much fun! I'm really glad your mom is doing better-that must have been so scary! Anyway, email me sometime if you get the urge. Good luck!

Amy said...

CUTE! Site Wendy! I went to Jello and Pudding and I agree, your Mom looks great! Glad to hear she's moving in the right direction!!!!